Most people would probably still like it and perhaps not even consider it overbaked but just right. Not me. It helped that this has a nice, orange glaze to keep it moist but my picky taste buds just know this would've been better had I taken it out even 2 minutes earlier. 2 minutes. Yes, I'm that picky.
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
zest from 1 orange
1/4 cup oil
3 tablespoons sour cream or yogurt
3 teaspoons baking powder
juice of one orangeOrange glaze (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together eggs, sugar, vanilla, orange zest, oil and sour cream or yogurt.
- Combine flour and baking powder and add to egg-sugar mixture, alternating with orange juice.
- Pour into greased and floured Bundt pan. Bake for 25-40 minutes (start checking with a toothpick at 20 minutes and in 5-minute increments after that).
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan 5-10 minutes. Unmold and let cool completely or to lukewarm. Glaze with half the glaze and let set. Pour remaining glaze over cake and serve.
Zest from 1 orange
1 1/2 cups to 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
juice from 1 orange
- Combine orange zest and sifted powdered sugar. Add orange juice, one tablespoon at a time, whisking smooth, until glaze is desired consistency. Use immediately or re-whisk if it sets before you use it.