1 cup (7 ounces) dark brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 egg, room temperature
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups (9 ounces) bread flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup chocolate chips
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla; mix only until just incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to butter mixture; mix just until combined. If dough is dry, finish mixing by hand. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Form dough into golf-ball size dough balls. Cover and chill for 2 hours. Bake or freeze after chilling.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and evenly space dough balls. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until edges are set and middles no longer look raw.