1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter (I mistakenly used 1 stick but it was fine)
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup caramel sauce
1/4 cup Nutella, melted
Hazelnuts, toasted and roughly chopped for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 10" x 7" baking dish with foil and lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mix, combine sugar and butter; beat until creamy. Add in eggs, one at a time, then add vanilla. Mix just until combined.
- Gradually add flour mixture, mixing until just combined; do not overbeat.
- Pour half the batter into prepared pan and bake for 10 minutes or until top layer looks firm (no more than 15 minutes). Pour caramel in an even layer over parbaked crust and cover with remaining batter. Return to oven and bake another 15-20 minutes, until toothpick inserted at an angle near the center comes out with a few moist crumbs, not raw batter.
- While brownie is still hot, spread evenly with Nutella. Garnish with chopped, toasted. hazelnuts. Let cool completely before cutting and serving.