I was trying to use up some milk so I made a half recipe of this (full recipe is listed as is below). A half recipe made 3 mini loaves and baked for 35 minutes in my oven. This is more accurately called a quick bread, similar to my favorite banana bread recipe, since it doesn't use yeast and relies on chemical leavening (baking powder) for the rise.
4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups milk
2/3 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray miniature loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs, milk and oil.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to wet until just moist.
- Pour batter into prepared pans, filling to an inch below the rims. Sprinkle coarse sugar on top if desired. Bake 30-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.