2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/3 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
2-3 teaspoons red food coloring, liquid or gel
3/4 cup white chocolate chips or chunks
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, cornstarch, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, vanilla extract and food coloring.
- On low speed, beat in the dry ingredients in 2 additions, beating until just combined. Do not overbeat. Fold in white chocolate.
- Portion dough into golf-ball-size dough balls, cover and chill or freeze for several hours or overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and evenly space dough balls. Bake 7-9 minutes or until edges are set and middles no longer look raw. Let cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.