Friday, December 14, 2018

Sugar Cookies

Sugar Cookies - made dough November 24, 2018 from Two Sisters Crafting
I rarely make cutout cookies, mostly because they're often too much trouble and the flavor isn't great enough to go to the bother. What with the rolling, cookie cutting, trying to lift the cut dough without the cutout sticking and losing its shape and so on. Then the cleanup of your work surface with its sprinkling of flour to keep the dough from sticking. Honestly, you lost me at the rolling.
Fortunately, I found this recipe and it alleviates most of my angst about cutout cookies. The dough is easy to make and even easier to work with. It isn't sticky or dry and crumbly. It rolls out beautifully with minimal flour sprinkling and easy to use with cookie shapers. I rolled out to a thickness that made cutting out the shapes and transferring them to the baking sheet easy to do without altering the shape of the cutouts.
Lastly and perhaps more importantly to my taste buds, these were delicious. I didn't do anything fancy, i.e. I skipped the buttercream frosting but I did spruce them up - as much as I spruce up most things - with colored sprinkles suited to the Christmas holidays. Bingo - holiday cookies done.
2 cups unsalted butter, softened
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 tablespoons vanilla
4 teaspoons baking powder
6 cups flour
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
  2. Cream butter and sugar together until combined and creamy. 
  3. Add vanilla and eggs; beat until incorporated.
  4. Add baking powder and mix.
  5. Add flour, 2 cups at a time, beating until just combined. Do not overmix.
  6. Roll dough into even layer, 3/8" thick. Cut shapes with cutter cutter and evenly space on prepared baking sheets. Bake for 6-8 minutes, depending on the size of the cookie. Do not overbake,

No comments:

Post a Comment