Apple Cider Springerle Cookies - made October 24, 2022 from Gingerhaus Springerle
1 cup butter, room temperature
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
3 instant apple cider packets (0.74 ounces each)
3 cups all-purpose flour
- Cream butter and sugars together. Add egg, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder. Mix well.
- Add the three packets of instant apple cider mix. Mix until well combined.
- Add the flour and continue mixing until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Dust the surface of your counter and rolling pin with flour and roll out the dough to a thickness of approximately 1/2 inch.
- Dust the surface of your dough and your cookie mold with flour. Press the mold into the dough just far enough down to fill the mold cavity. Remove your mold and cut out the cookie. You do not need to brush off the excess flour on the top of your cookie.
- Place your cookies on a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper.
- Chill your cookie sheet full of molded cookies for at least 1/2 hour in the fridge.
- Take your cookie sheet out of the fridge and immediately place it on the center rack of a preheated 375℉ oven. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove the cookies when the bottoms are just beginning to turn brown. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for at least 10 minutes before removing.
Navy stamp from Kitchen Vixen as I had selected a deployed service member in the Navy for one of my care packages (the other one is a Marine as you can see from the other stamped cookies). Since it's now fall, apple cider cookies also seemed appropriate to send for a "taste of home".