2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
1/4 cup dark brown sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- In a bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt and 1 teaspoon cinnamon; set aside.
- In a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Add vanilla extract and eggs, one at a time, mixing briefly after each addition.
- With mixer on low speed, gradually add dry ingredients, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Mix until just combined; do not overmix. Cover bowl and chill for 15 minutes.
- Portion into golf-ball-size dough balls, cover and refrigerate or freeze for several hours or overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine 3 tablespoons granulated sugar and 2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon in a small bowl and roll dough balls, coating completely. Evenly space dough balls on prepared sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are set and middles no longer look raw or shiny. Do not overbake. Remove from oven and let sit on baking sheet for 2-3 minutes then remove to wire rack to cool completely.