1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon orange zest
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup cornstarch
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter, powdered sugar and orange zest until combined, 2-3 minutes.
- Add flour and cornstarch, mixing to combine. Dough will be a little dry.
- Portion into golf-ball size dough balls and roll into smooth balls, using the warmth of your hands to keep dough together and smooth.
- Roll each ball in granulated sugar and evenly press cookie stamp on each ball. Cut with round cookie cutter if desired for a smooth round. Cover and chill for 30-45 minutes.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and evenly space cookies. Bake for 20 minutes or until edges are slightly golden and middles no longer look raw. Remove from oven and let rest on baking sheets for several minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.