Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Crumbl Cookies review #27: Coconut Rainbow Cake, Macadmia Nut and Sugar Shark

Crumbl Cookies review #27: Coconut Rainbow Cake, Macadamia Nut and Sugar Shark


This was a week of flavors where I was only going to get one single cookie or a 4-pack. That was the plan anyway. I failed in that plan as I ended up getting three cookies instead. Economically, it's cheaper per cookie to get 4 cookies. The 4th cookie I had planned to get was the pineapple upside down cake cookie but I'd read too many mixed reviews online about it being dry, mushy, soggy, dry again, no flavor, great flavor, etc. Normally I like to make up my own mind but since I've discovered my local Crumbls don't have that much turnover in their cookies and I always seem to get cookies that have been in the warmer too long, I was afraid I'd get one of the ones that are dry. No thanks.

So I went with my original plan to just get the Coconut Rainbow Cake. The nod to the rainbow was the scrap of rainbow sour licorice (?) garnish. I tried the garnish and didn't like it. They could've just called this a Frosted Coconut Cookie and that would have been fine with me.

I thought this cookie was excellent but then again, I love all things coconut. The outer edge were a bit crisp (that too long in the warmer thing again) but the middle of the cookie had a great, soft texture. I also liked the flavor. For me, it wasn't an overwhelming coconut but more like a sugar cookie with coconut flakes. There was still too much frosting for me so I scraped most of it off and enjoyed the cookie. This was from my first Crumbl visit of the week.

Later the same week, I was taking my mom out to do her grocery shopping and we ended up at an Asian grocery store that had a different Crumbl nearby that I hadn't gone to before. Wanting to test my too-long-in-the-warmer theory that unfortunately holds up too often in the other Crumbls I've gone to closer to my house, I thought I'd try this new one and see what they were like. They're a little too far to go just for cookies (12 miles vs 2.5 miles to my closest one) but since I was already there in the same parking lot for another reason, might as well check it out, right?
I'm glad I did as their cookies were the perfect level of underbaked that had lured me to Crumbl in the first place. Not too mushy but soft and chewy/cakey/just right. 
The macadamia nut was perfectly made, good brown sugar flavor, generous amount of white chocolate and macadamia nuts. I can make my own macadamia nut white chocolate cookies that are also pretty good (my favorite recipe here) but I always like trying Crumbl's version, at least once. I don't need to get this one again but I'm glad I tried it from a good location.

The Sugar Shark is basically their vanilla sugar with blue frosting and gummy sharks on top. I knew that going in but I love their vanilla sugar and like to get it when it's available. Plus I was still in test-my-theory-about-the-warmer mode and this seemed like a safe one to get.
It was a good decision as this too was perfectly made and just as good as the vanilla sugar I got from the Sparks, NV Crumbl store back before I moved. I didn't care for the gummy sharks and threw them out (not worth the chewing effort or the calories) but I loved every crumb of the cookie. I even ate most of the frosting since they didn't spread it too thick.
Now I know, next time Crumbl has a good lineup of flavors, I'll have to gather up all the errands I need to do in that neighborhood and drive the extra distance to the Henderson, NV Crumbl.

No comments:

Post a Comment