Monday, August 15, 2022

Crumbl Cookies review #29 - Walnut Fudge Brownie and Lemonade

Crumbl Cookies review #29 - Walnut Fudge Brownie and Lemonade
Still trying to catch up to the current week's Crumbl flavors. This was last week's so I'm getting there. The lineup for last week was (in the picture below: left to right, top to bottom) Fried Ice Cream, Lemonade, Cotton Candy, Old-Fashioned Doughnut, Milk Chocolate Chip and Walnut Fudge Brownie. 
I only meant to try one flavor this week. I was intrigued by the Fried Ice Cream, having never had it before. But it's a chilled cookie and while I always let them come to room temperature before I eat one, some of the online reviews said the topping got stale and was mostly cornflakes. Pass. I don't care for cotton candy and while I figured the doughnut one would be good, it bothers me (yes, I can be bothered by a cookie concept) that the middle is missing to mimic a real doughnut. The middle is the best part of a cookie! I wasn't interested in the Walnut Fudge brownie either as I don't like walnuts and I often find Crumbl's chocolate cookies to be too rich for me. So I was only going to get the Lemonade last week.
Walnut Fudge Brownie
But yes, you'll notice the pictures of the Walnut Fudge Brownie. No I didn't weaken and change my mind. I was out doing errands and there just happened to be a Crumbl nearby that I hadn't tried before. So of course I went to try it. I ordered the Lemonade and when they gave it to me, to my surprise, the Crumbl guy gave me two additional boxes of the Walnut Fudge brownie cookie. Two.
I suspect these were extras they had too much of but I'm not one to look at gift cookies askance so I thanked him, told him "that's so nice of you" and was really glad I always tip when I buy a cookie as I had just gotten 3 cookies for the price of one. And it turns out I did like this cookie. I still don't care for walnuts but the cookie itself was just like a (delicious) brownie, rather than the sometimes too-rich Crumbl chocolate cookie. This store also had the perfect amount of glaze, not too much or too thick. I ate half a cookie and put the other 1 1/2 cookies in the freezer to enjoy later. 

Lemonade

I was full from the unexpected half cookie brownie so I had to wait to try the Lemonade. Which worked out since it was initially chilled and I had to let it come to room temperature.
I loved this cookie. It was the perfect, slightly underbaked texture of a Crumbl sugar cookie although not quite as sweet. The lemonade frosting was nicely tart. There was a little too much frosting for me but not the usual layer of a thickly frosted Crumbl cookie. The frosting complemented the cookie perfectly.
The texture of the cookie base was so good I debated going back the next day to get another Lemonade to freeze for later. I resisted the temptation since I still had 1 1/2 Walnut Brownie cookies in the freezer already (plus a few other random piece of past cookies) but yes, I did think about it. This definitely goes on my list to get again. I also have to keep this particular Crumbl location in mind for a repeat visit, not in the hopes of getting free cookies again (although that wouldn't hurt my feelings) but because they baked both cookies just right.


No comments:

Post a Comment