Thursday, August 4, 2022

Crumbl Cookies review #26: Oatmeal Chocolate Chip and Maple Glaze

Crumbl Cookies review #26: Oatmeal Chocolate Chip & Maple Glaze, July 23, 2022


I only bought the Oatmeal Chocolate Chip this week as that's all I really wanted to try but someone brought my sister a 4-pack so I split the Maple Glaze with my niece and gave her and her boyfriend the other cookies (Oreo and Chocolate Mallow Cupcake).
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip
I probably could've skipped this week. I like Oatmeal Chocolate Chip but it didn't strike me as a special flavor and is one I could make myself. But apparently that Crumbl habit is hard to break. I was supposed to be on a Crumbl break, remember? Yeah, that's not working out.
The main reason I got it was not only to try a different Crumbl cookie I hadn't had before but also because they use milk chocolate chips. Among Crumbl consumers, there's quite the heated debate about milk chocolate vs semisweet. Like suit-up-for-battle worthy online debates between keyboard warriors (sorry, but *eyeroll*). They're cookies and chocolate chips. Eat what you enjoy and let others do the same. Don't buy what you don't like. Buy what you do. Okay, off my soapbox. In any case, milk chocolate is what led me to buy this cookie. A purchase in support of milk chocolate usage is worth more than furious typing between online strangers.
I did enjoy this cookie. It's not quite as oatmeal-ish as a regular oatmeal cookie. It was more like their regular milk chocolate chip with some oatmeal and a little cinnamon thrown in. It was good. Not sure I need to get it again now that I've tried it but I enjoyed it.
Maple Glaze
I didn't enjoy the Maple Glaze as much. I'm not a big maple fan in the first place, although I don't mind some good Vermont maple syrup on my pancakes. But it wasn't the maple that bothered me in this cookie since it was just a glaze drizzle.
No, it was more all the brown sugar on top. I'm not one who shies away from sugar, as years of blogging about baked goods will prove, but I didn't love the brown sugar in its purest form all over the top of the cookie. That made it too sweet. You can imagine I don’t say that too often. This goes in the glad I tried it, wouldn't get it again category.

No comments:

Post a Comment