Saturday, June 20, 2020

Hawaiian Bread for the Bread Machine

Hawaiian Bread - made May 29, 2020, modified from More Than Thursdays
I've been getting my money's worth out of my mini bread machine lately. I may have used it more times in the past 2 months than in the last 5 years. Not that I've been testing out a bunch of new bread recipes. Since I stumbled on the Honey Oatmeal Bread, that's pretty much the only recipe I've been using.
But I finally branched out to try this recipe for Hawaiian bread. Since my bread machine is the mini version that only makes a 1-lb loaf and most recipes are for larger loaves, I always have to adjust the ingredient amounts to make sure the dough won't overflow the pan.
I've figured out my mini bread machine will accommodate up to 2 cups of flour so I adjust the proportions accordingly. For the original recipe, please click on the post title, especially if you want to make two loaves.
This loaf turned out to be more dense and sweeter than the Honey Oatmeal bread which isn't surprising. I didn't mind the sweetness as it's meant to mimic King's Hawaiian bread but I think I preferred the softer texture of the honey oatmeal bread. This wasn't bad at all but I admit I went back to the honey oatmeal bread for the next round.
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/3 pineapple juice
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 cups bread flour
scant 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
  1. Place egg, pineapple juice, vanilla, melted butter and sugar in bread maker pan. Cover with bread flour. Add yeast. 
  2. Follow bread machine instructions to your preference. I used the soft crust setting for a 3-hour cycle. Remove when done and serve while warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment