Saturday, June 13, 2020

Soft and Chewy M&M Cookies

Soft and Chewy M&M Cookies - made May 17, 2020 from Tastes Better From Scratch
At the time that I made these, I had planned to use red, white and blue M&Ms for the military care package they were going into. Unfortunately, Target didn't have those M&Ms when I went there and gone are the days when I went hunting around to different stores for ingredients.

So I made do with what I had and that was pastel M&Ms. Yeah, I know, a little out of season and probably looked odd when the package was opened but I always figure cookies are cookies and have to taste better than MREs, right?

This was a pretty good recipe. Like a regular chocolate chip cookie, it had crisp edges and the middle was chewy. I have to say, though, that I'm not a huge fan of M&M cookies. I like how they look and how, if you have the "right color" M&Ms, you can tailor them for particular holidays for a great festive look. But I don't eat M&Ms as a rule and they add more sweetness to a cookie than I normally go for. If you do like M&M cookies though, this is a good recipe to try.

2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 egg
1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup mini chocolate chips (I used regular-size)
1 cup M&Ms
  1. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
  2. Combine butter, sugar and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl; beat until well combined.
  3. Add egg and vanilla; mix until combined.
  4. Gradually add dry ingredients and beat on low speed until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips and M&Ms.
  5. Portion into golf-ball size balls, cover and chill or freeze for several hours or overnight.
  6. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Evenly space dough balls on baking sheets and bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are set and middles are no longer raw. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment