Thursday, June 11, 2020

Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff

Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff - made May 21, 2020, modified from Tastes Better From Scratch
Another easy Instant Pot recipe, no fuss, and only a few ingredients. I did have to go out and buy a new can of Cream of Mushroom soup though as it turns out the lone cane in my pantry expired in 2013. Oops.

I modified the recipe as the original one only called for 8 ounces of noodles and I had a 12-ounce package. I didn't want to bother with leftover noodles as you never know when I'll feel like cooking again (seriously, that can of soup expired 7 years and 2 moves ago). I compensated for the extra noodles by adding more chicken broth.
I will also confess I didn't read the original directions that closely and instead of adding the sour cream at the end after the instant pot turned off, I added it in the beginning along with all the other ingredients. Oops #2. Fortunately, it didn't seem to have affected the dish as this turned out pretty well.
It isn't fancy and food snobs might think it's barely a step above Hamburger Helper but it worked well enough for me. This is the kind of dish I like making as it requires little effort, tastes good to my not-that-discerning palate and is easy to portion into individual meals for later during my non-cooking periods.

1 pound ground turkey
salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 10.5-ounce can cream of mushroom soup
3 cups chicken broth
12 ounces wide egg noodles
heaping 1/3 cup sour cream
  1. Set instant pot to saute mode, spray bottom with nonstick cooking spray and when hot, saute ground turkey. Break up the meat, stirring, and season with salt and pepper. When cooked, add garlic and stir. Turn off saute mode.
  2. Add cream of mushroom soup, chicken broth and sour cream, stirring to combine. Add egg noodles and submerge as much as possible in the liquid. Cover instant pot and set to sealing position. Turn on manual setting for 4 minutes. When cooking is complete, use quick release. Remove lid and stir mixture. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment