Sunday, June 7, 2020

Instant Pot Mac and Cheese

Instant Pot Mac and Cheese - made May 16, 2020 from The Salty Marshmallow
Editor's note: I'm not gonna lie - all the things happening in our country right now is taking its toll on me like anyone else. So if my writeups are brief and/or flat, there's a reason. 
Back to my Instant Pot. It's just too easy to use and now that I'm cooking as often as I am, it's my go-to gadget for meals.

This was easy to put together but I would recommend using the full cup of milk. I only used 1/2 cup and the sauce was fine when it was first cooked but after it had cooled and when I portioned it out to store in the freezer and refrigerator for future meals, the sauce turned out dry and stringy.

I think that naturally happens with pasta dishes since the noodles/elbow macaroni absorb so much liquid. So it's best to err on the side of a little too much liquid rather than not enough.

I like mac and cheese more than I should but I haven't quite cracked making it well.


16 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni
4 cups chicken broth
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon Sriracha
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
1/2 cup to 1 cup whole milk
  1. Add the uncooked macaroni, chicken broth, butter, hot sauce, garlic powder, pepper and salt to the Instant Pot. Place the lid on the pot and set to sealing. Cool on manual function, high pressure for 5 minutes then do a quick release when the cycle has completed.
  2. Add the milk then the cheese to the pot in 3-4 handfuls, stirring after each addition until smooth and creamy. Season to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment