|Roll dough into balls first|
|Make indents in the center and fit the frozen Nutella over the indent|
3 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon sea salt, plus more for sprinkling
1 cup butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
24 tablespoons Nutella, chilled
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, plus more for topping, optional
- Scoop 24 tablespoons of Nutella onto a sheet of parchment paper. Freeze for 1 hour or until solid.
- Whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- In another large bowl, cream butter until soft and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add both sugars and cream together another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until just combined. Gradually mix in cocoa powder on low speed.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop dough into portions about 1/4 cup size and, using your hands, roll into 24 dough balls. Using the curved side of a teaspoon, make indents in the center of the dough balls and place frozen Nutella scoops in the middle.
- Working quickly, cover the Nutella scoops completely inside by pulling the dough and forming balls. Press additional chocolate chips on top of the dough balls and sprinkle with sea salt if desired. Freeze for another hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and evenly space frozen dough balls 2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until edges are set and middles no longer look raw. Cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.