chocolate chip cookies.
1 large egg
3/4 cup Nutella
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter or chocolate peanut butter (do not use natural or homemade, it's too runny and cookies could spread)
1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed (light may be substituted)
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
pinch salt, optional and to taste
5 to 6 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- To the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the egg, Nutella, peanut butter, brown sugar, vanilla, and beat on high power to cream ingredients, about 5 minutes. Stop and scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Add the flour, baking soda, optional salt and beat to incorporate. Add the chocolate chunks and beat momentarily to incorporate.
- Using a large cookie scoop, scoop out golf-sized balls of dough and chill for at least 2 hours or up to 5 days.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside. Space dough 2 inches apart (8 per tray) and bake for 9 to 10 minutes, or until top have just set, even if slightly underbaked in the center.
- Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes before removing and transferring to a rack to finish cooling. Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.