Thursday, June 18, 2020

Instant Pot Lazy Lasagna

Instant Pot Lazy Lasagna - made June 1, 2020, modified from Margin Making Mom
I'm not sure I would consider this "lasagna" versus "pasta in spaghetti sauce with ricotta cheese". I think the ricotta cheese was supposed to represent the lasagna part while the rotini (or any other non-lasagna) noodles gave the nod to "lazy" since you don't have to worry about layering lasagna noodles with ricotta cheese and sauce.

I made some modifications since I used the whole bag of rotini noodles (I have a thing about not having leftover dry pasta hanging out in my pantry) rather than the 8 ounces the original recipe called for. I compensated by increasing the amount of liquid in the recipe.

For the most part it worked. The sauce was creamy and cheesy and this was a quick, easy meal trademarked by Instant Pot usage.


1 pound ground turkey
16 ounces pasta (I used rotini)
24-ounce jar spaghetti sauce
4 cups chicken broth
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
  1. Saute ground turkey in Instant Pot on Saute mode, until brown and cooked through. Drain excess grease.
  2. Add noodles on top of ground turkey. Cover with spaghetti sauce and chicken broth, submerging noodles completely. Sprinkle garlic powder and Italian seasoning on top.
  3. Close lid and place vent in sealing position. Manually put on 4 minutes at high pressure. 
  4. When completed, allow 5 minutes of natural pressure release then do a quick release of remaining pressure. 
  5. Remove lid and stir in ricotta cheese until melted and combined. Stir in mozzarella cheese until melted. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment