Saturday, March 30, 2024

Crumbl Cookies review #68 - Carrot Cake

Crumbl Cookies review #68 - Carrot Cake, visited March 25, 2024
Crumbl's at it again with testing non-cookie offerings, namely small cakes that have an upcharge. It worked well (for me) with the Tres Leches Cake for $6.25, less so with the Cinnamon Square (I paid with loyalty points so I can't remember what it cost). Still, I was interested enough to try the carrot cake offering on tap this week for $5.93. 

The description says this is supposed to have "warm spices, coconut, pineapple, and carrots". Um, well, it had spices and carrots, I'll give you that. For the life of me, I couldn't find the pineapple or coconut. If I'd had, I would've considered this more of a hummingbird cake rather than a carrot cake. 
Ironically, I prefer my carrot cakes to only have carrots (I'm so glad this didn't have raisins) so you'd think I would've liked this cake just fine. Unfortunately, I didn't think it was anything special. It was baked well but the mouthfeel was a trifle dry. I don't think mine was overbaked; that just seemed to be how the recipe was. Plus the flavor wasn't that good; it didn't taste like carrot cake. I know carrots are in there as I could see them but it tasted more like a spice cake with spices that weren't that fresh. 
I have a favorite carrot cake recipe and Crumbl's version isn't as good as that one. Glad I tried it so now I know but it wasn't worth the upcharge and I won't be getting it again. Sorry, Crumbl, but your carrot cake cookie is way better than your actual carrot cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment