Thursday, April 4, 2024

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies from Buns in My Oven

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies - made dough March 2, 2024 from Buns in My Oven 
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 2/3 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
  2. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar.
  3. Add egg and vanilla extract, mixing to combine.
  4. Add flour, baking soda and salt, mixing on low speed until just combined. Stir in macadamia nuts and white chocolate until evenly disbursed.
  5. Portion into golf-ball-size dough balls and flatten slightly. Evenly space on prepared baking sheets and bake for 11 minutes. Let rest on baking sheets for 5 minutes then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
I think I overbaked these, a rare mistake. And by overbaked, by my standards, that means I baked them to what most people bake them to and I didn't underbake them. Because they weren't dry. They just weren't the moist "fudgy" texture I prefer in my cookies.

These didn't spread much so I suspect I also had a slightly heavy hand with the flour. My volume measurements tend to weigh on the heavier side than most other bakers'. The dough handled beautifully though and wasn't dry or crumbly so maybe these are supposed to stay mostly the shape they're baked in.

In any case, the flavor was excellent and a perfect marriage of white chocolate and macadamias set against a backdrop of a brown sugar cookie. Next time I would make the cookies a little flatter and take them out of the oven perhaps 1-2 minutes earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment