Friday, April 19, 2024

Crumbl Cookies review #69 - Maple Cream Sandwich

Crumbl Cookies review #69 - Maple Cream Sandwich, visited April 18, 2024
If it seems like I've been slowing down on the Crumbl reviews, it's because I've been slowing down on the Crumbl eating. I don't know if I've reached saturation point on eating their cookies but I probably have on trying out their flavors. There haven't been a lot of new-to-me ones, much less new ones I was interested in eating.
So when the Maple Cream Sandwich came out, I decided to try it, more out of habit than real interest in the cookie. I like the fact that it was a sandwich cookie (2 cookies for the price of 1, especially with their recent price increases) and that it was stamped with a maple leaf which I thought was pretty. I didn't like that it was chilled but that's fine since I always let chilled cookies come to room temperature before eating anyway.

Truth be told, I wasn't a fan of this cookie. I liked the cookies themselves, upholding their end of the sandwich. Flavor was good and texture was great, exactly what I like about Crumbl cookies with their soft, slightly underbaked interiors. I was not a fan of the maple cream cheese icing. At all. As in, after one bite, I scraped it off and just ate the quarter cookies (I split the cookie into quarters and only had a quarter piece). I'm not a big maple fan to begin with unless it's maple syrup over pancakes or waffles. But the maple cream cheese filling wasn't worth the calories to me. Glad I tried it, pass on it in the future.
The rest of the lineup also wasn't interesting to me since I've already tried what I wanted to try from it in days gone by: the Cinnamon Square and Red Velvet White Chip. Plus the Cinnamon Square was sold out when I went so it wasn't an option anyway. I kinda miss the days when I was really into Crumbl and couldn't wait for the weekly menu to drop and to try out new cookie flavors and test cookies. Now, I feel like I'm moving more into indifference. Even repeat flavors I loved in the past haven't been enough to get me to buy more cookies. While my wallet and waistline thank me, my sweet tooth soul misses the old thrill and anticipation. Ah well, I'm sure I'll find other baked goods to obsess over in the future.

2 comments:

  1. I feel you on the slowing down with Crumbl front! I can't remember the last time I bought a four-pack, especially now with prices rising.

    I love anything maple, so I did stop by to pick up a Maple Sandwich as well. I agree that the cookie parts were great -- Crumbl continues to excel with their soft shortbread-style bases, though I also prefer them at room temp. I wish the frosting had more maple flavor, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don’t know if it was the thick cream cheese or the maple flavor but the filling was too thick for me.

      I hear you on the 4-pack price increase. The last time I bought one was to share with other people but even that was months ago. There just haven’t been enough flavors in the same week to entice me to get one.

      Delete