Sunday, April 3, 2022

Crumbl cookie review #2 - Apple Pie and Carrot Cake

Crumbl Cookies: Apple Pie and Carrot Cake cookies - November 17, 2021

I had to make a random trip somewhere in California when I got these two cookies from the local Crumbl store. Despite the circumstances of the trip (family emergency that ended up with me driving over 600 miles in less than 2 days but that's another story), the silver lining was I got to try these two flavors that I ordinarily wouldn't have been able to.

If you like apple pie (and I do), this is a great rendition of it in cookie form. It had a crumb crust as opposed to a "real" pie crust; instead it was more like a graham cracker-oatmeal crust. It's served warm which is a hallmark of a great Crumbl cookie for me (I don't like chilled cookies) although it is a messy cookie to eat like a cookie as opposed to eating with a fork. I'd get it again if the rest of that week's lineup didn't have other flavors I want to try.
The carrot cake, on the other hand, I would get again, whenever it makes an appearance, competing flavors be damned. I mean, why, yes, I liked it.
I sometimes get leery about carrot cakes and carrot cake cookies because some of them contain raisins and I despise raisins. Thankfully, as you can see from the picture, this is the purist carrot cake version, which I prefer. I loved this cookie. It had just the right flavor and a perfect texture. Crumbl sometimes get (rightly) criticized for underbaking their cookies too much and sometimes you have to let them cool to room temperature to get the right texture. But this one was baked perfectly and, even warm, had the perfect cakey-cookie texture that earmarks it as a would-get-again favorite, frosting and all. And I didn't even get salty about the garnish of nuts over the frosting since they were just that: a garnish and not in the actual cookie itself.


No comments:

Post a Comment