Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Crumbl Cookies review #4 - Banana Cream Pie

Crumbl Cookies: Banana Cream Pie - February 3, 2022
This marks the first week and the first official opening day of my local Crumbl. Before this, I was chancing upon travels within hailing distance of a Crumbl and getting my cookie fix(es). But now, instead of the closest Crumbl being almost 100 miles away, it was now just over 9 miles away. 
I'd already blogged about one of the special flavors I got during opening week, which was the Chocolate featuring Oreo, the copycat recipe I made beforehand and trying out the real thing. But I neglected to mention the other cookie flavor I tried which was the banana cream pie. And there's an opening day story I hadn't mentioned in the other post that goes with it. 

I had placed my order the day before on the app and chose the Chocolate ft Oreo and banana cream pie. When I went to pick up my order at the appointed time, I was waiting for my name to be called and ended up chatting with the person ahead of me in the virtual line. She was picking up a cookie order to share at work. Like me, she'd had Crumbl cookies before. She loved banana cream pie but unfortunately, at the time she went to place her order, it was sold out so she'd had to order other flavors. I had ordered the banana cream pie just to try it out so I told her she could have a piece of mine to try. She politely declined at first but I insisted. I knew it was going to be too big for me to eat by myself and, more importantly, I know what it's like to want to try a cookie and have it be out of reach, lol. I appreciated her nice manners in refusing but I didn't mind sharing. She took a piece, loved it and thanked me. I hoped she would have another chance to order her own later on as she seemed to really enjoy it. 
I ate a piece when I got home and holy moly, it was amazing. To put into context how awesome this cookie was, I'm not a fan of cream or pudding desserts. Too many calories, I don't generally like the texture of whipping cream-based mixtures (I'd rather have ice cream) and, given a choice, I don't go for banana cream pie overall. But this cookie defied all my former biases. No, wait, it obliterated them. The shortbread crust was delicious, the filling had the perfect blend of banana pudding and pieces of real banana with the perfect state of ripeness and the overall cookie was feckin' drool-worthy. I didn't actually drool - that anyone will ever know of - but damn, it was close. I will absolutely be getting this again next time it's on the menu. 
I was still a relative Crumbl newbie at this point so I only made the one trip and got the one banana cream pie (plus the Oreo) but in hindsight, knowing what I know now, I understand people's enthusiasm for their favorite Crumbl cookie and their plans to buy multiples and store them in the freezer to eat at a later date. I haven't succumbed to that part of the craze (yet) but I'd probably think about it the next time the banana cream pie cookie comes around. Yes, it was that good.

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhh banana cream pie was amazing! I think this was the week that officially converted me into a Crumbl fan, thanks to banana cream pie and chocolate ft. Oreo. Their fruit + cream combo seems to be a winner -- I tried the berries & cream flavor for this week, and I would rank it about as high as banana cream pie.

    That's so nice of you to share with the customer in front of you. You must have made her day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the banana cream pie too! I’m out of reach of a Crumbl this week so I’m going to miss out on this week’s flavors. Good to hear about the berries and cream.

      The waffle one looked promising but I’ll have to wait until it comes around again to try it.

      Delete