Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Crumbl Cookies review #9 - Hazelnut Sea Salt and Snickerdoodle

Crumbl Cookies: Hazelnut Sea Salt and Snickerdoodle - March 1, 2022
After the nutella-stuffed churro cookie, I was a little leery of this cookie as I didn't want another overwhelmingly cinnamon cookie topped with Nutella instead of stuffed with it.
Fortunately, my concerns were unfounded as this didn't have a cinnamon base. Instead it was a nice brown sugar cookie topped with Nutella. While it's hard to go wrong with that combo and I enjoyed the cookie, this also fell into the category of "I can make it myself". And you know I prefer the Crumbl cookies that maddeningly defy copycats and are worth the $4.27 a cookie (plus tip).
Onward to the snickerdoodle. I love snickerdoodles and this one was also really good.
However, when warm, it was just a little too mushy and underbaked as you can tell from the picture below. Uh, yeah, that's the bite I took in the car before I left the parking. (What??)
However, once I let it cool to room temperature, the texture was much better. Still a trifle soft but that's okay.
I like this (room temperature) texture and the flavor was good. I also liked the thickness of the cookie and the chewy-cakeyness of it. I do have a high bar for snickerdoodles though, especially since I have several good recipes for them that I enjoy making. So I'm glad I tried the Crumbl snickerdoodle but I don't see this being a repeat purchase if there are other flavors on the menu that I want to try when this makes a reappearance.

BTW, I don't mean to sound negative or unenthusiastic about either of these or any of the others I've blogged and will blog about. I actually need some of these to not be repeats so I can try other flavors and not gain the Crumbl 20, lol.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your honest opinions about these! I don't think there's anything wrong with saying anything negative, and you don't sound unenthusiastic at all. I agree that a Crumbl cookie has to really have that wow factor in order to justify the cost, so it is a bit disappointing when they're just average. I love snickerdoodles too, but like you said, I can make them myself and not risk that gross mushy texture. (I've learned my lesson to never eat the served warmed cookies right away. D:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m glad I don’t love all of them or I’d never fit into my clothes again, lol. I like some of them warm but only the ones that aren’t too underbaked (the churro was fantastic warm in contrast to the cool icing on top - I’m still waiting for that one to come back!)

      Delete