Sunday, April 10, 2022

Crumbl Cookies review #8 - Cornbread, Cookie Monster, German Chocolate

Crumbl Cookies: Cornbread, Cookie Monster and German Chocolate - February 21, 2022

L-R: Cornbread, German Chocolate, Reese's Pieces, Blue Cookie Monster

Whenever you see me post a 4-pack, no, I didn't decide to say the hell with my A1C levels and eat more than a day's worth of empty calories in the form of multiple Crumbl cookies. (Although I'm not judging anyone who has, just sayin'.) But it does mean I was going to see friends and bringing them some. Remember my French Laundry post? I was staying with my friend, Karen, and her significant other, Brad, in their guest house. Being Filipino, I couldn't show up empty-handed to avail myself of their hospitality. Normally I would bake something to take but a storm was brewing in the Sierras on my original travel day and I ended up leaving a day early which was supposed to be my baking day. So a hasty stop at Crumbl was in order to get a 4-pack instead.

While I did get the 4-pack pictured above, I also got a single cookie of the honey cornbread cookie because I wanted to try it and it would've been tacky to show up with a 4-pack box that had a cookie missing. So I got my own.
Cornbread
I wanted to try this cookie because I've had cornbread cookies before from Momofuku and liked them. I expected to like Crumbl's. And I did. The honey butter spread on top was a perfect contrast to the warm cookie. Ironically, the only part I didn't like was the honey drizzle on top. I don't care for the taste of honey straight out of the jar. Not a big fan of it mixed into other things as a flavor but I could deal with that better than the pure honey drizzle over the cookie 
And yes, as expected, the cornbread cookie has a slight "grit" from the cornmeal. If that's not your jam, you may not like this cookie. For me, I thought it worked well in (hello) a cornbread cookie.

We ended up trying pieces of the other cookies when I arrived at Karen and Brad's. I didn't get a picture of the Reese's pieces one as I didn't try it. That turned out to be Karen's favorite and she assured me it was good. Brad's favorite was the cornbread cookie. I'm glad I had bought my own as I would've felt like a terrible guest, partaking of one of my host's favorite cookies and making him share it, lol.
Cookie Monster

None of us cared for the Blue Cookie Monster Cookie. This seemed like just a semisweet chocolate cookie with an overly sweet frosting. I know a lot of people raved about this cookie and the raves were to the point where I wondered if I was eating the same cookie they were. I didn't care for it as I prefer milk chocolate and I thought the cookie was a little dry and the frosting was too sweet. I wouldn't get it again.
German Chocolate

I did enjoy the German Chocolate one though. The chocolate cookie was cakey and thick, perfectly able to hold up the traditional German chocolate topping of coconut and pecans. It was delicious. I only had a piece though as by then, I'd reached max Crumbl capacity. But this goes on the list to get again if there aren't any other flavors I "need" to try that week.

No comments:

Post a Comment