Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Crumbl Cookies review #10 - Cornflake Marshmallow and Cinnamon Toast Crunch

Crumbl Cookies: Cornflake Marshmallow and Cinnamon Toast Crunch - March 8 and March 12, 2022
Crumbl announced "cereal week" for this particular week's line up. All the specialty flavor cookies had some kind of cereal incorporated into them. I'm not a cereal fan so I thought this would be a good week to skip. Except I didn't. All in the name of research (of course), I decided to try the Cornflake Marshmallow cookie. Someone had described it as like a Rice Krispie treat and I like Rice Krispie treats so I figured it would be a safe one to try. 
Erk, no. I should've read Crumbl's description more closely (or read it at all); then I would've known it had peanut butter. No. Just no. The cookie wasn't terrible if you like peanut butter. I also mistakenly thought this would be served warm (also no) and for some reason, despite seeing the sample cookie at the store when I ordered, I thought that crunchy topping would be just that - a topping. Instead, it was the whole cookie. Sadly, this was not the cookie for me. In fact, I didn't even finish it, a Crumbl first for me, and an unfortunate waste of money and calories. But it just wasn't worth it to finish the whole thing so I didn't. Lesson learned. Read the descriptions on the website before buying. Wouldn't get again. 
You'll notice from the post title that I went back to Crumbl again the same week. I was traveling and there was a closer Crumbl nearby where I stayed so, before making a 7-hour drive back home, I stopped off at the Crumbl and this time got the Cinnamon Toast Crunch. That was the cereal the cookie was topped with but since it was just the topping, I figured the actual cookie itself would be more what I like about Crumbl cookies.
Fortunately, I called that one correctly. This was delicious. More like a snickerdoodle not rolled in cinnamon sugar but with a light frosting. When warm, the texture was just a tad too soft and a smidge underdone but when at room temperature, it was perfect.
I'm still not a fan of cereal but it was easy enough to pick off the cinnamon toast garnish and enjoy the frosted cookie itself. If cereal week comes back with the same offerings, this would be the only one I would get.

No comments:

Post a Comment