Sunday, April 17, 2022

Crumbl Cookies review #13 - Coconut White Chip and Cookies & Cream Milkshake

Crumbl Cookies: Coconut White Chip and Cookies & Cream Milkshake - March 28, 2022
I normally go to Crumbl on my day off which is Friday but I was leaving for a trip for the rest of the week so I *had* to go on a Monday this time. The sacrifices I make for the craft....
Okay, now that my dry wit is out of the way, I will tell you the coconut white chip cookie was perfection. I love coconut anyway so I was predisposed to like this cookie. I'm not a big white chocolate fan but I don't mind it when it's paired with coconut and/or macadamia nuts. This cookie didn't disappoint. Despite not being a frosting person, some of my favorite Crumbl cookies have been frosted (hello, churro cookie, I'm still waiting for you to reappear on the menu) so I'm almost trained to expect the non-frosted ones would be too plain and not worth the $4+ per cookie. This one was. The texture and sweetness were on point. This would go on my list to get again next time it comes around.
I wish I could say the same for the Cookies & Cream Milkshake. I didn't not like it but I didn't think it was spectacular. The cookie itself was more of a dry-shortbread texture rather than the soft thick cakey-ish cookie texture I've come to favor in my Crumbl cookies.
The frosting was also pretty thick and a little overwhelming. I did soldier on and finish the whole thing (I'm getting my $4+ worth, okay?) but it took me a couple of days, eating a piece at a time. 
I think I just had high hopes for this cookie based on the copycat recipe I'd made in my pre-weekly-Crumbl visit days but, in retrospect, I think the copycat I made was better than the original Crumbl, partly because I hadn't frosted the copycat and partly because Crumbl cookies were more of a rarity back then and my taste buds weren't so jaded.
This is still a good cookie. It just goes under the category of "glad I tried it, don't need to get it again".

No comments:

Post a Comment