Friday, April 8, 2022

Crumbl cookie review #6 - Peanut Butter Buckeye

Crumbl Cookies: Peanut Butter Buckeye - February 11, 2022
I just got done saying in the last post that I try to limit myself to only 2 different cookies/flavors at Crumbl each week because there's only so much exercise I can do to offset these empty calories (but what a way to go) and I have to at least try to exercise some restraint.
But anyone with access to a calendar can see this is the third cookie I tried in the same week. Why a peanut butter one when I keep saying I'm indifferent to peanut butter? Well, it was mostly because I was with my niece and she loves peanut butter. I figured it was a good chance to try a piece of a cookie I wouldn't ordinarily get and she could enjoy the rest.
That turned out to be a good call. If you're a peanut butter lover, you'd probably like this cookie. If you're a peanut butter and chocolate lover, you would probably love this cookie. I fall into neither camp. The chocolate cookie part was fine, albeit a bit rich. But what killed this cookie for me is the peanut butter "patty" on top is literally one big thick disc of peanut butter. You can't even bite it without the rest of the piece sticking to your teeth and trying to leap into your mouth with the rest of the bite. Needless to say, that wasn't enjoyable. I think this cookie would've been much better had the peanut butter been less stiff and more creamy, like a frosting versus a slice of peanut butter cut right out of the jar. This goes into "no need to get again" category.

No comments:

Post a Comment