Saturday, April 9, 2022

Crumbl Cookies review #7 - Chocolate Caramel and Birthday Valentine

Crumbl Cookies: Chocolate Caramel and Birthday Valentine - February 17, 2022
On paper, this chocolate caramel cookie has all the feels for me. I love a good chocolate and caramel combination and I don't mind the salt flakes sprinkled on top to offset some of the caramel sweetness and chocolate richness.
So I was a little surprised that I didn't love this cookie as much as I expected. It was good, don't get me wrong. But this tasted like the kind of cookie I could make on my own by using a good chocolate cookie recipe (and by using high quality chocolate), melting some Kraft caramels to pour on top and sprinkling with fleur de sel. What my picky taste buds have gotten spoiled by with Crumbl cookies are the ones I can't make as well as they can, namely the thick, chewy-cakey cookies with the good-but-not-overly-sweet frostings. This wasn't quite in that category. It belongs to the "good but I can make it myself" classification.
Now, the Birthday Cake Valentine is a whole 'nother story. I loved this cookie. Love as one (*I* in particular) can love an amalgamation of butter, sugar and flour. It's pretty similar to the Vanilla Sugar, hence why it has my love.
I was initially leery at first and had to make sure they didn't get too cute with those heart sprinkles though. I don't mind the scattering on top of the frosting but didn't want that in my cookie. Fortunately, the purist in me was satisfied they left the cookie well enough alone.
Perfect texture, even when warm, as it wasn't mushy, underbaked dough but cakey-cookie perfection. Definitely getting this one again when it comes around.

No comments:

Post a Comment