Friday, February 3, 2023

Stamped Cookies #27 - Kitchen Vixen's Shortbread Cookies

Stamped Cookies #27 - made dough January 14, 2022 from Kitchen Vixen
I'm including this recipe as the picture of the card I got in my latest Etsy order from Kitchen Vixen. You can also find it on her Facebook page.
All the cookie stamps you see in this post are all from Kitchen Vixen so I thought it was fitting to try her shortbread recipe. I've included the links to her Etsy shop for each stamp. I'm not affiliated with Kitchen Vixen and I don't make any money if you click on the links and subsequently make a purchase. I just like their products and believe in them.

I've posted about Jen and Mike (the owners) before and the high quality of their products as well as how genuinely nice they are in person.  


With Honor stamp
The cookies did puff up and spread slightly but surprisingly, even given that, the stamped impressions held up pretty well. They still held well enough for the design(s) to be recognizable including some of the finer details like the lettering in the Army stamp.
With Honor stamp

Army stamp
Super bonus is they tasted really good too. In my quest for good stamped cookie recipes, I'm finding the ones that hold the best impressions also tend to bake a little hard or else taste a little bland. This strikes a good balance, not too hard, not too soft and definitely delicious.
Independence Day stamp

Eva's Lace stamp
Here's a look at how I package some of the cookies before vacuum sealing them for mailing to deployed troops for Soldiers Angels. The cellophane cookie bags are from Amazon. I wrap each cookie in plastic wrap, put one cookie per cellophane bag, then vacuum seal 5-6 cellophane-bagged cookies in one sealed bag. It might be a bit overkill but I want to make sure the cookies stay as fresh as possible, no matter how long it takes for them to arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment