Monday, July 8, 2024

Bakery Review: Croissante in Santa Clara, CA

Bakery Review: Croissante in Santa Clara, CA - visited June 23, 2024
The last new-to-me bakery that I tried on my Bay Area trip was Croissante Artisanal Bakery. And what a bakery it was. It reminded me of Manresa Bread in Los Altos or Arsicault Bakery in San Francisco.

It was filled with flaky pastries, both savory and sweet, the pastries were baked onsite and there were many assorted flavors to choose from. Not to mention the offerings were a feast for the eyes as well as the palate. It was also a bit expensive but the upscale pastries were definitely worth the upscale price.

I met a couple of friends there for dessert and one of them had a gift card so she treated us and we enjoyed our pastries and catching up. A perfect afternoon.


Ham and Leek Quiche



For my pastry of choice, I went with the coconut pain au chocolat. That's not something you see every day and I love both coconut and chocolate so it was an easy choice from the plethora of mouthwatering choices. It was also the right choice as it was delicious. I love a good pain au chocolat anyway and that's what this was. It was made better from the slightly toasted-crisp but still chewy texture from the coconut topping. The pastry itself was also nice and flaky, always a good sign of a well-made laminated dough.

My friends also enjoyed their pastries of choice. So this bakery was definitely a great find.
Coconut Pain au Chocolat

Two of us went back after our chat was over to get more, my friend to bring some back for her family and me to grab a slice of quiche for dinner later.
And I have to say, hours later, when I was finally hungry again, this quiche was amazing. The filling was soft and creamy and the pastry crust was flaky. Perfect. I will definitely need to go back to Croissante next time I'm in the neighborhood.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh yes, Croissante! Definitely pricey but worth the splurge for a special occasion. I don't think their croissant layers are as pretty/even as those from SF bakeries, but it kind of adds a more rustic charm. However, taste wise, everything I've tried is great, and their decor is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only tried the 2 things but both were good. They reminded me of Arsicault Bakery in SF or Manresa in Los Gatos.

      Delete