Friday, July 19, 2024

Crumbl Cookies review #76: Pumpkin Cake (tester)

Crumbl Cookies review #76 - Pumpkin Cake (tester), visited July 16, 2024
I'm really glad when Crumbl has a test product (can't always call them a test "cookie" anymore) that I want to try, especially during the weeks where I've already tried the flavors I would've been interested in (the Cannoli cookie, the Vanilla Crumb Cake, the Cookies and Cream and the Milk Chocolate Chip) and it's a pass on the rest.


 
Presumably they are testing out the Pumpkin Square in advance of releasing it to the regular, nationwide menu this fall. 
Overall, I liked this cake. I don't know that I would agree with the Crumbl description that it was "fluffy". It was slightly dense, probably from the brown sugar cinnamon butter that was supposedly marbled into the cake but seemed more like it lay on top at the top of the cake as the top was slightly more dense than the bottom. But I like that sort of texture in a pumpkin cake so that was fine with me. If they want it a little more fluffy, I'd cut back on the brown sugar cinnamon butter "marbling" but most pumpkin cakes tend to be dense.
I appreciated that the frosting wasn't so thick either, not like they do on some of their cookies. Instead, this was only just slightly heavier than a glaze but not so thick as a trowel of frosting.
Flavorwise, this was what a good pumpkin cake should be, not overly spiced but just right with the cinnamon. Thankfully I couldn't taste any nutmeg as I don't care for nutmeg. This had an upcharge of $1.49 at my store. Regular cookie price is $4.49 so it was $5.98 plus tax. I liked it and I'm glad I tried it but, similar to how I feel about the Cinnamon Square, it's good if you just want a little cake but this is something I could make myself. I'd only get this again if I felt like having a pumpkin cake, didn't want to go to the trouble of making a larger one of my own and don't mind spending almost $7 on a little cake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment