Sunday, July 3, 2022

Crumbl Cookies review #23 - Vanilla Crumb Cake ft Golden Oreo and Maple Cinnamon Roll

Crumbl Cookies review #23 - Vanilla Crumb Cake ft Golden Oreo and Maple Cinnamon Roll
After my 6-pack week the week before and because I still had cookie pieces from that order wrapped up in my freezer, I had only planned to get one flavor this week, namely the maple cinnamon. I had already tried the Buckeye Brownie (although back then they called it the Peanut Butter Buckeye) and didn't care for it, I don't like sprinkles in my cookies so pass on the Confetti and I wasn't interested in another lime cookie with that lime wedge on top. I don't know why that bothers me but it does.


I was initially not going to get the Golden Oreo one because I don't like Golden Oreos. I can, have and will mainline the regular Oreos but I don't like the artificial vanilla taste of Golden Oreos so this was going to be a pass for me as well. But I asked in my Crumbl Facebook group (yes, that's a thing) and someone assured me the cookie itself didn't taste like a Golden Oreo and  was more like the vanilla sugar cookie. 
I love Crumbl's vanilla sugar cookie so cue my FOMO; I got this cookie as well. I'm glad I did as it was delicious. I wouldn't say it was exactly like the vanilla sugar; it seemed more like a brown sugar cookie base. I could've done without the white chocolate chips though since I'm not a fan of white chocolate but I still liked this cookie. I ate the mini golden oreo on top but that only affirmed for me that I still don't like Golden Oreos. I'm glad I tried this cookie though.


Now we get to the maple cinnamon roll which was what I was originally going to get anyway. I didn't get to eat it warm as I wasn't hungry when I first picked it up while I was running a couple of errands and by the time I got to it, it was already room temperature. 
That didn't affect the deliciousness of this cookie though and I enjoyed it. The only thing I didn't like was - you guessed it - the frosting. The texture was similar to the buttercream on the cookie butter cookie from last week and that just isn't a good mouthfeel to me. Too greasy. The flavor was good though; I ended up scraping off most of the frosting and leaving just enough to let the maple blend with the cinnamon.
The cookie base with the cinnamon and without the frosting reminds me of a good snickerdoodle and you know I love me some snickerdoodles. The cookie base was more dense-cookie but not as dense as shortbread yet also not the pillowy-soft cakey-cookie. It's hard to describe; you had to be there, lol. Good cookie, glad I tried it but likely wouldn't get again if there were other flavors I wanted to try next time it comes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment