Friday, July 1, 2022

Crumbl Cookies review #22 - Cookie Butter Ice Cream, Honeybun, Galaxy Brownie, Rocky Road

Crumbl Cookies review #22 - Cookie Butter Ice Cream, Honeybun, Galaxy Brownie, Rocky Road, visited June 25, 2022

Why, yes, I did get a 6-pack last week. There go my 6-pack abs. Nah, I'm lying, I don't have 6-pack abs. And Crumbl is only 1 (or 6) reason(s) why. What happened to "1 or 2 flavors a week", you ask?

In theory, it's because one of my nieces and her husband were in town and, in addition to my other niece who lives locally and her boyfriend (him of the snickerdoodle cupcake fame), I thought I would have all these extra mouths to help me consume the cookies. Except my local niece was sick and didn't have an appetite and my visiting niece tries to go dairy-free as much as possible. Plus her husband doesn't like sweets. I know, I know, how am I related to these people?
Cookie Butter Ice Cream
But what the heck. I had gotten back from my business trip in time to have one last day of last week's Crumbl offerings and I took advantage of it. I got two of the cookie butter because I'd never had it before and...cookie butter. Now I did cut each cookie into fourths and gave away as much as I could to my nieces (really, I did). But yes, I kept enough for myself and put most in the freezer to see me through at least a week or two of Crumbl cookie fourths to be doled out each day in the name of moderation.
I had high hopes for the cookie butter but I didn't like it as much as I expected. I liked the cookie itself - a lot - because it did have good cookie butter/Biscoff cookie flavor. But I didn't like the mouthfeel of the buttercream icing. It left a greasy impression in my mouth and hit my taste buds as bland. Like greasy, dense whipped cream. And you know how I feel about whipped cream. I liked the cookie base but I liked it better warm than chilled. I tried a bite chilled as it was originally meant to be but the cookie butter flavor wasn't very pronounced. The second 1/4 cookie I ate which had been in the freezer, I let thaw then popped it into the microwave for 6 seconds. Way, way better warm. The cookie butter flavor came through much more clearly and the texture was better to me.

Honeybun
The honeybun was a nice surprise, also when eaten warm. I don't eat honeybuns so I didn't have the real thing to compare the cookie to but I liked the cookie itself, the flavor, the texture and the light glaze. Soft-cakey texture and delicious cookie. Thumbs up.


Galaxy Brownie
I don't eat Galaxy or Cosmic Brownies either (that's a storebought, packaged snack brownie, right?) but people who do say this cookie comes close to the real thing. I wouldn't know about that but I do know this is very similar to a brownie in round-cookie form. It was soft but not fragile and had both good flavor and texture. Sometimes I find Crumbl's chocolate cookies a bit too rich for me but this one had a good balance between chocolatey-ness (yes, that's a word, 'kay?) and cakey texture. Not sure it's special enough for me to get again or even to try a copycat recipe of it but I enjoyed it.

Rocky Road
Sadly though, I didn't enjoy the Rocky Road very much. I normally steer clear of Rocky Road anything because I don't like marshmallows unless they're melted and being used to hold Rice Krispies together. I'll eat s'mores as long as you hold the marshmallow and the graham cracker. But since I thought (at the time), I was sharing these with my nieces, I added the Rocky Road to my order, figuring I would eat 1/4 and pawn, I mean, give, the other 3/4 cookie away to the others. Which, I ended up doing. My nieces liked the Rocky Road much more than I did. I made sure to take the 1/4 piece of cookie that had the least amount of marshmallow so the quarter cookie I had was good enough. The chocolate cookie was a more dense, typical chocolate Crumbl cookie than the Galaxy cookie and quite rich. The almonds helped cut the richness though so I liked them more than I usually liked having nuts in my cookies. If you're a Rocky Road fan, this is a good cookie. I'm glad I tried it but probably wouldn't get it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment