Thursday, May 25, 2017

Honey Garlic Crockpot Chicken Drumsticks

Honey Garlic Crockpot Chicken Drumsticks - made April 22, 2017

I made up this recipe, mostly because I had packs of chicken drumsticks and a bag of sweet potatoes (Costco run), I liked pairing honey, soy sauce and garlic together and I really wanted to use my dinky little Crock pot for something. Fortunately, even a 2-quart slow cooker will hold 5 chicken drumsticks and that’s what each Costco pack contained.

I learned from my Beef and Sweet Potato Stew experience though and didn’t add the sweet potatoes until the last couple of hours of cooking the chicken. There’s not much to say about this recipe. I don’t know that I would go into spasms about it (c’mon, it’s just chicken) but add some rice (or not) and this makes for an easy-to-fix, no-frills meal.
5 chicken drumsticks
3/4 cup chicken broth (made from 1 teaspoon chicken broth base from Penzey's dissolved in 3/4 cup hot water)
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup honey
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
  1. Wash and pat chicken drumsticks dry.
  2. Combine chicken broth, soy sauce, honey, garlic and ginger in a small slow cooker. Immerse drumsticks in liquid and cook on high for 1-2 hours. Add sweet potato cubes and continue cooking on high until chicken is done and sweet potatoes are tender, approximately another hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment