1 tablespoon olive oil
kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1 16-ounce package potato gnocchi
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
Garlic Parmesan Cream Sauce
1/4 cup unsalted butter
4 cloves garlic, minced (I used 4 tablespoons Penzey's minced garlic)
1 cup chicken broth, or more as needed
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 cup half and half
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmersan cheese
kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add shrimp, salt and pepper, and parsley leaves, stir frying until shrimp is pink. Drain onto separate bowl and set aside.
- In large pot of boiled salted water, cook gnocchi according to package instructions; drain and set aside.
- In same saucepan you cooked the shrimp, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in chicken broth, thyme and basil. Cook, whisking constantly, until incorporated, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in half and half and Parmesan cheese until slightly thickened, about 1-2 minutes. If mixture becomes too thick, add more chicken broth or half and half, as needed. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add shrimp and gnocchi; gently toss to combine. Serve immediately.