Thursday, July 28, 2022

Crumbl Cookies review #25: Chocolate Toffee Cake, Peanut Butter Munch, Strawberry Pop Tart, Double Fudge Brownie, Lemon Cupcake

Crumbl Cookies review #25: Chocolate Toffee Cake, Peanut Butter Munch, Strawberry Pop Tart, Double Fudge Brownie, Lemon Cupcake - visited July 16. 2022
I said in my last Crumbl review that I was going to skip Crumbl for awhile. And I had every intention of doing so but my mom, knowing how much I like Crumbl, said her birthday gift to me would be Crumbl cookies. Okay. Who am I to say no? Thanks, Mom.
At least I did let almost two weeks lapse though. Meaning I got cookies on a Monday the week before and on Saturday the following week. Which is the longest period you can go without skipping a week since Crumbl is closed on Sundays. I wasn't interested in all of the week's flavors but I asked my niece which ones she and her boyfriend wanted. They asked for the Chocolate Toffee, Peanut Butter "mystery cookie" (it was the Muddy Buddy the day I went to my local store) and Strawberry Pop Tart. I only wanted the Lemon Cupcake but I also got the Double Fudge Brownie. To round out the 6-pack, I got an extra lemon as I figured either my mom or my niece would want that one.
 
Chocolate Toffee Cake ft Heath
Although I did drop off 4 of the 6 cookies with my niece, I did get a taste of the Chocolate Toffee Cake ft Heath (all in the name of blog research of course). I liked the cookie base of this one in terms of flavor and you can't go wrong with toffee bits. I didn't care for the whipped cream icing and would've preferred either a straight buttercream or a ganache. I wouldn't get this one again because of the whipped cream. You'll also notice from the picture that the toffee bits topping was a little wonky, like they decided to only top half the cookie, lol. I don't sweat the small stuff like that though and didn't ask them for more toppings. The employees at my local Crumbl store are always pleasant and friendly and I care more about that than how loaded my cookie toppings are (or are not).

Peanut Butter Munch ft Muddy Buddies
I can't tell you how the peanut butter cookie was since I didn't try it but here's what it looked like inside and out.

Strawberry Pop Tart
I didn't try the Strawberry Pop Tart either. There seems to be inconsistency across the different Crumbls how much strawberry filling is inside. You can see the one I got didn't have much. My niece's boyfriend said it didn't really taste like strawberry pop tart since it didn't have a lot of strawberry. Both he and my niece thought it was good but "basic".
you can barely see the filling

Double Fudge Brownie
I did keep the Double Fudge Brownie for myself although by the time I tried a piece, it had already cooled. The outer edge of the cookie was fragile and broke off when I picked up the cookie. It was good although it had a slightly dry mouthfeel. Towards the middle of the cookie was fudgy perfection though. I tried just enough to confirm it was a nice chocolatey cookie. Not sure I'd get it again but it was good.


Lemon Cupcake
I did enjoy the Lemon Cupcake. I love lemon cookies and I love cakey sugar cookies. This delivered on both fronts. Mine was nicely tart and lemony. I didn't need all that frosting but I loved the cookie.





No comments:

Post a Comment