Monday, September 11, 2023

Crumbl Cookies review #49 - Cannoli Cookie (test cookie)

Crumbl Cookies review #49 - Cannoli Cookie (test cookie), visited August 30, 2023
I've gotten into the habit of going to my local Crumbl store on Wednesdays so I can wait for the test cookie and decide if I want it or any other flavor on the menu that week. Although this particular week I wanted the snickerdoodle cupcake and the cookie butter lava as well as the test cookie, I decided against upgrading to a 4-pack and getting them all at once. One of the appeals of Crumbl cookies is having a warm cookie when you buy it. Except I couldn't eat 2 warm cookies and a chilled one in one sitting so for this trip, I only got the test cookie.

There were 3 test cookies on offer at various Crumbl test stores across the country. After looking at the possible flavors, I'm glad my store decided to test the cannoli. I'm actually not a big cannoli fan. I don't mind the crisp tube of pastry shell but I don't like ricotta in a dessert (sorry but it only belongs in lasagna!). But since was supposedly only "cannoli-inspired", I decided to try it.

The cookie is served chilled but of course I let it come to room temperature first since I don't like chilled cookies. At room temp, the cookies are really soft so handle with care. Otherwise, this was fantastic. Loved the cookie and even liked the filling. If it has ricotta in it, you can't taste it. It's more like a lightly sweetened vanilla custard filling, not a ricotta one. The texture is heavier than whipped cream (I don't like whipped cream either) but not as heavy as custard. It's hard to describe other than it's really good.

I haven't always liked the test cookies even though I'm most interested in trying them. Some I'm glad I tried it as a tester but wouldn't get again, others I would get once it hits the regular lineup and still others I would get multiples of once it's released onto the regular menu. This cannoli cookie? It's the only one I've tried so far that I would get multiples of when it's offered in the normal rotation. Yup, it was that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment