Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Crumbl Cookies review #51 - Caramel Pumpkin Cake

Crumbl Cookies review #51 - Caramel Pumpkin Cake, visited September 6, 2023
I'm trying to get caught up in my Crumbl reviews so I'm knocking these out one after the other. This (now last) week's menu didn't really interest me. I've already tried the Key Lime Pie and the Chocolate Toffee Cake, neither of which I liked enough to get again.
Crumbl's chocolate cookies are too rich for me and I prefer their milk chocolate chip cookie over the semisweet so that knocked out the other three cookies, leaving only the Caramel Pumpkin Cake. 
I have mixed feelings about this cake. Because cake is what it is. It's simply not a cookie. It wasn't even a cakey cookie. It really was a cake in a puffy disc form. Other people raved about it but I'm not one of them.
I think it's a matter of expectations. If you expect to go into Crumbl Cookies and get a bready cake, your expectations are met or even exceeded with this not-a-cookie. If you go in expecting a cookie, sorry, you're out of luck with this one.

I don't mind pumpkin and the flavor was fine, very similar to their carrot cake cookie, which I do like, but this wasn't a pumpkin cake cookie. It was pumpkin cake. Pass on this next time unless they make it more cookie and less cake. Or unless I want a bready pumpkin muffin with cream cheese frosting.

1 comment: