Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Crumbl Cookies review #53 - Apple Crumb Cake (test cookie)

Crumbl Cookies review #53 - Apple Crumb Cake (test cookie), visited September 14, 2023

I have mixed feelings about this test cookie, the Apple Crumb Cake. I love me a good test cookie and apple is one of the few fruits I don't mind in baked goods. Apple pie is a perennial favorite.
I liked the base cookie for this (nice brown sugar base), I liked the streusel crumble on top (good crunch) and I liked the glaze drizzle (much better than a mountain of frosting). I even liked the taste of the filling. You know what I didn't like? Look closely at the filling; see any apples? Yeah, me neither.
I'm sure there were some small pieces in there somewhere; after all, the lumpiness didn't just come from the cookie base. I don't know if the particular scoop of filling on my cookie just missed the apple pieces in the vat of filling they came from or there really are very few actual apples in the filling recipe. Regardless, I got mostly gelatinous filling like you'd get in an apple pie. It was good from a taste perspective but oddly, I kinda would like some apples in an apple crumb cake cookie. So this was a half miss/half hit test cookie for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment