Thursday, September 28, 2023

Crumbl Cookies review #54 - Brown Sugar Cinnamon ft Pop Tart and Snickerdoodle Sandwich (test cookie)

Crumbl Cookies review #54: Brown Sugar Cinnamon ft Pop Tart and Snickerdoodle Sandwich (test cookie), visited September 20, 2023
Brown Sugar Cinnamon ft Pop Tart

I was going to skip this particular week (which was last week as I'm only posting this now) as the flavors weren't compelling to me but I had to get the test cookie so, since I was at Crumbl anyway, I picked the Brown Sugar Cinnamon ft Pop Tart to try.

I typically like Crumbl's brown sugar cookie bases but since I've never been a big fan of pop tarts, I didn't feel a particular pull towards this cookie. But, try it, right? I did end up liking the cookie itself and appreciated the light glaze icing on top.
I also thought my store did an excellent job on the brown sugar filling, as in, there was a good bit of stuffing inside, which isn't always the case at other stores. But the Sparks store does an excellent job with stuffed cookies. 
As I expected, I didn't care for the pop tart garnish on top. I ended up taking them off after a test bite. They don't add anything but more sweetness to the cookie and it had enough of that. Overall, this was a decent cookie, if a bit basic, and not compelling enough for me to get again. But I'm glad I tried it so now I know.

Snickerdoodle Sandwich cookie
I did expect to like the snickerdoodle sandwich as I like Crumbl's snickerdoodles and this was just two of them sandwiched with a vanilla filling. 
And, as expected, I liked this cookie. A lot. I'm still not big on creme fillings but this was similar to the filling in the cannoli test cookie and I liked that well enough. I loved the snickerdoodle cookies and a sandwich cookie essentially gives you two for the price of one. So it's a good deal all around.
I know people complain that Crumbl has too many snickerdoodle or cinnamon-based cookies but I'm not one of them. I would definitely get this cookie again once it hits the regular rotation.

No comments:

Post a Comment