Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Crumbl Cookies review #50 - Cookie Butter Lava

Crumbl Cookies review #50 - Cookie Butter Lava, visited September 2, 2023
In the same week I got the cannoli test cookie, I went back a few days later to get the cookie butter lava cookie. 
When I lived in Vegas, I learned to be skeptical of Crumbl's filled cookies as none of those stores ever did it well. The filling would bake into the cookie (or so I was told) and not be found, they'd be missed entirely and literally wasn't there to be found or there was such little filling placed inside that it didn't even constitute filling. More like a swirl into the cookie.
But here's where the Sparks, NV store shines once again and I always have to give them props. They know how to make filled cookies correctly and in the right amounts so there are no excuses about too little or nonexistent filling baking into the cookie. The filled cookies are filled. 
This was really good, just the right amount of crisp at the edges and the gooeyness in the middle. It's a messy cookie to eat because the glaze drizzled over the top of the cookie hasn't set if you eat it warm (which I did - the taste piece anyway). But sacrifices must be made and a messy eating experience is worth it for an excellent cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment