Thursday, September 14, 2023

Crumbl Cookies review #52 - Chocolate Cupcake

Crumbl Cookies review #52 - Chocolate Cupcake, visited September 13, 2023
Chocolate Cupcake
It only took 4 posts in the same week but with this post, I'm finally able to publish a review the same week the cookie is still available. #goalunlocked
bad angle as someone was standing partially in front of it when I took the picture

I've not been super thrilled with the Crumbl cookie offerings of late. As evidenced by me getting one cookie at a time or per week. Which isn't a bad thing, says my waistline.
I had been planning to skip this week but, believe it not, I was actually out of Crumbl cookie pieces in my freezer. When I can't (and don't) eat the cookies all at once, I break them into 1/3 or 1/4 pieces, wrap each piece and place them in my freezer. Then I take out a piece (sometimes 2) a day and eat them as an after-lunch dessert. But because the flavors haven't appealed lately and I've been buying single cookies rather than 4-packs, I ran out of cookie pieces. #horror So I decided to try the Chocolate Cupcake cookie.
Since I do like their vanilla cookies, I liked this one as it's essentially a vanilla cookie with chocolate frosting. The cookie texture is between a shortbread but not as dry and their regular cookie but not as fluffy. It was pretty good and I liked it. The chocolate frosting does overwhelm the vanilla flavor though so this cookie isn't for the vanilla purists. If you like the tub of chocolate frosting you can buy at the grocery store, you'll like this frosting. Normally I'm not a frosting person and I'm a huge frosting snob because I'm not big on frosting in the first place so it has to be worth it for me to like it. But I have to admit, this frosting was reminiscent of my childhood days, when, if my mom bought frosting at all for a made-from-box-mix cake for birthday cakes, it was more of a sentimental pleasure than a please-my-snobby-taste-buds pleasure. Not sure I'd get this again but if I needed a cookie and I didn't like anything else in the weekly lineup, then yeah, I probably would.

No comments:

Post a Comment