Thursday, July 11, 2024

Crumbl Cookies review #75: Chocolate Cake (tester)

Crumbl Cookies review #75 - Chocolate Cake (tester), visited July 8, 2024 
I passed on last week's tester which was some kind of berry/fruit (cherry? strawberry?) cheesecake since I don't like cheesecake and generally don't like fruit or berries in my baked goods (apples and bananas being strong exceptions). I did try the Cookies and Cream Cheesecake tester last month but to be honest, I didn't finish it as I simply don't like cheesecake.
The only flavors I liked on the regular menu was the Salted Caramel Cheesecake and the Cake Batter but I've already tried those and the other flavors didn't interest me.


So I was happy enough that this week's tester was chocolate cake. It's a two-layer cake sandwiched with chocolate ganache and topped with more ganache and with chocolate frosting piped around the outer edge. The tester picture above shows the frosting should completely cover the top in a rosette design but I prefer it the way I was given since I wouldn't want all that frosting on top, especially since it already had a thin layer of ganache on top.
I like chocolate cake and this was "okay" if you're a fan of chocolate cakes. Remember my picky taste buds. But this is also something I could make myself. There's no wow factor in this for me. 
It's suitable if you want an individual-sized cake and don't want to go to the trouble of making your own. It's not too big but it's not too small either so two people can easily share it. Or one person can eat it over a couple of days *cough*. 
As with most of their cake testers, this one has an upcharge of $1.49 so as a single "cookie" purchase, it was $4.49 + $1.49 = $5.98 but with taxes, this came to $6.97. So almost $7 for a little cake. Not worth it to me. Glad I got to try it and I was also glad it wasn't a cheesecake but I probably wouldn't get this one again if/when it hits the regular menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment