Friday, May 5, 2023

Crumbl Cookies review #37 - Dulce de Leche, Cake Batter, Maple Oatmeal and Peanut Butter Milk

Crumbl Cookies review #37 - Dulce de Leche, Maple Oatmeal, Cake Batter and Peanut Butter Milk
I'm still trying to get into some sort of rhythm where I publish my review of Crumbl cookies in the week they're actually available. I'm getting this under the wire as tomorrow is the last day of this week's lineup.
I am thrilled, probably to a weird, unhealthy blood-sugar-level degree of thrill, that, with my recent move (more on that later), my closest and only Crumbl near me is a tester store. Tester stores are specific Crumbl locations that do a test cookie almost every Wednesday where they do a new cookie that isn't available nationwide yet as the cookies are - well - still being tested, both by the store in making them and the customers in eating them.
Which now changes my whole game plan on when I go to Crumbl. Because if I'm going to get any particular flavors, I might as well go on Wednesday in case the tester cookie interests me.
Dulce de Leche
The flavor that interested me this week in the regular lineup was Dulce de Leche. I love dulce de leche and caramel in all forms. I knew I would like this cookie and I did. The little caramel dollop on top looks pretty but it's best spread more evenly on top of the dulce de leche frosting so you can get the full flavor of it paired with the dulce de leche and the cookie.
Dulce de Leche inside
I'm glad to be near the Sparks store again as they do cookies much better and more consistently in terms of texture, not too long in the warmer and not overbaked. The cinnamon cookie base was excellent and the dulce de leche was fantastic. This one's a keeper for me.
Maple Oatmeal
The second cookie I wanted to try was the Maple Oatmeal. I'm not a big fan of maple flavor but I love Crumbl's Iced Oatmeal and had hoped this would be something similar. It was and it wasn't. The cookie itself is very similar to Crumbl's Iced Oatmeal so I enjoyed that part. And the glaze was similar to the iced oatmeal in that it wasn't a heavy frosting but an (all-encompassing) glaze. But unlike the Iced Oatmeal where the glaze was soft or softly set, the glaze on the Maple Oatmeal was much firmer, almost like a penuche frosting. You can see from the picture where it breaks in pieces. It wasn't my favorite. Cookie was really good but penuche-like frosting isn't my thing. Too sweet.
Maple Oatmeal inside

Cake Batter
I've tried a copycat recipe of the Crumbl Cake Batter cookie before but it doesn't come close to the real thing. I loved the Crumbl Cake Batter cookie. It's like my beloved vanilla sugar (not to be confused with the pink sugar which I don't care for) but with a little more brown sugar flavor. Or cake batter flavor? Whichever it is, it's excellent. Again, taste and texture were on point.
Cake Batter inside

Peanut Butter Milk ft Reese's Puffs (tester cookie)

To round off the 4-pack I got this week, we get to the tester cookie. At the Sparks location this week (Wednesday), it was the Peanut Butter Milk featuring Reese's Puffs. By all accounts, I would've skipped this cookie because you know me and peanut butter aren't bffs. But it was a tester cookie, the chocolate cookie was promised to be made with milk chocolate instead of dark chocolate and I talked myself into trying it out with an open mind.
The cookie itself was pretty good. I liked that the chocolate wasn't overwhelming or too rich and the texture was a nice cross between fudgy but not too fudgy and still cookie-textured, not cakey or too mushy. But, you guessed it, the peanut butter frosting wasn't for me. The frosting wasn't too thick (thankfully) and peanut butter lovers would probably like it. But, because I'm not a big peanut butter fan, I didn't love it. Hence why I don't normally get peanut butter cookies. I tried it, I didn't care for it, no need to get this again when it hits the national roster. Texture was fine so it was really just the flavor for me. And I've never been a fan of cereal on top of their cookies. Cereals stale too quickly and don't freeze at all well. I had a piece of this to taste it then plucked the Reese's puffs off, divided it into another 3 pieces and wrapped each piece for the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment