Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Crumbl Cookies review #38 - Lemon Cheesecake

Crumbl Cookies review #38 - Lemon Cheesecake, visited May 10, 2023
I missed my goal of trying to publish this the week it was available so I'm playing catch up today.

I got a 4-pack last week (yes, the frozen pieces of Crumbl cookies in my freezer are stacking up nicely) since last week's line up included one of my favorites: Pink Velvet. I got 2 of those plus a Hazelnut Mudslide but I've already reviewed those so the only new-to-me flavor I got was the Lemon Cheesecake. I had waited to go on Wednesday as that's supposed to be when my store has the test cookie but last week they didn't do a test cookie for some reason so I got the Hazelnut Mudslide in its place. Although I probably could've gotten a third Pink Velvet and I woudn't have been sorry about it.
Before I get into the review of the Lemon Cheesecake, look at the perfection of that 4-pack. I have to reiterate how consistently nice of a job the Sparks, NV Crumbl does with its cookies, both in appearance and the bake itself.
Now on to the Lemon Cheesecake. At first I wasn't going to get this at all since I don't like the tang of cheesecake. But several of the online fan reviews I read bemoaned the fact that it didn't taste like cheesecake at all so my taste buds perked up and I decided to try it. I'm glad I did as this was delicious.
Look at that perfect cookie texture - dense and chewy. The "cheesecake" topping, in fact, did not taste like cheesecake but was more like their normal cream cheese frosting. Sometimes I find Crumbl's frosting a little overwhelming but this one worked really well because of the tart lemon curd on top. It was delicious and perfectly offset the sweetness of the frosting. I enjoyed this one a lot and would definitely get it again. Oh, this was supposed to be served chilled but I don't like chilled cookies so I let it come to room temperature before I ate it and it was perfect.




No comments:

Post a Comment