Sunday, April 23, 2023

Crumbl Cookies Review #33 - Butterscotch Chip and Cookies & Cream

Crumbl Cookies Review #33 - Butterscotch Chip and Cookies & Cream, visited March 17, 2023
Back to the Crumbl reviews. The lineup of this particular week was Milk Chocolate Chip, Mallow Creme with Lucky Charms, Cookies & Cream, Mint Brownie, Butterscotch Chip, and Sugar (Gold Coin). It was also Mystery Cookie week when I went and the store I (deliberately) went to had Pink Velvet as their mystery cookie.
I had already had and reviewed (Gold Coin) Vanilla Sugar and Pink Velvet so this one focuses on Cookies and Cream and Butterscotch Chip.
Since I'd already had the other two before, they promptly went into the freezer for later so I had room to take 1/4 of the Cookies & Cream and 1/4 of the Butterscotch Chip so I could try them warm. 

I think I like the concept of Cookies & Cream more than the actual cookie. Nothing wrong with the cookie itself but it wasn't anything special to my taste buds. That's more of a personal preference though as I'm not as big a fan of Cookies & Cream in general as I am of Oreos in particular. This was good and my particular cookie had more of the chocolate base than the vanilla. It was fine. I'm glad I tried it but I probably wouldn't get it again. It was almost like a brookie (brownie + chocolate chip cookie). I'm probably damning it by faint praise but like I said, it was fine.


I thought I would try the Butterscotch Chip cookie because it was a new-to-me flavor. I typically love the smell of butterscotch chips and baking with butterscotch chips more than the actual cookies that have butterscotch chips in them as I find butterscotch too sweet for me. So I had a low bar for this cookie.

But I ended up liking it more than I expected. Butterscotch cookies are usually more brown sugar flavored with an extra pack of sweetness from the butterscotch chips. But the Crumbl version seemed to have butterscotch (not brown sugar) flavor in the cookie itself. It reminded me of those Werther butterscotch caramels. 
As you can see from the inside picture, that dense, chewy texture is also a hallmark of what I like in Crumbl cookies. This cookie was good both warm and at room temperature. Thumbs up for this one.


1 comment: