Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Crumbl Cookies review #34 - Strawberry Cupcake

Crumbl Cookies review #34 - Strawberry Cupcake, April 24, 2023
I'm going slightly out of order so I can publish this post about the Crumbl Strawberry Cupcake while it's still available at Crumbl through this Saturday (reminder that all Crumbls are closed on Sundays).
I had initially planned to skip this week as none of the flavors were appealing. I had already tried the Cookies & Cream Milkshake (FWIW, none of the Cookies & Cream Milkshake Cookies I've seen at any Crumbl are as light as pictured on their menu; they've all been dark), the Buttermilk Pancake and the Triple Chocolate, none of which I felt the need to repeat. 
That left the Strawberry Cupcake and I wasn't that interested because I don't like strawberries in baked goods. I like strawberries well enough but prefer them in their whole(some) fruit form, not incorporated into stuff. 
But I thought, heck, might as well try it because you never know, right? I was driving to the Bay Area for a work trip so I stopped off at the Rocklin Crumbl on my way to pick up a cookie. I sampled it in the car while it was still warm (seriously, do people not do that? So many of my Crumbl pics have the inside of my car as the backdrop).  
Anyway, I was half right/half wrong about this cookie. I loved the cookie itself. Perfect vanilla flavor and perfect texture. Unfortunately, I didn't care for the strawberry cream cheese frosting at all. I normally don't mind their cream cheese frosting, albeit they frost their cookies with a heavy hand. But the strawberry flavor was not to my liking. Too sweet, a little artificial tasting and had an odd aftertaste. I ate the first bite as Crumbl intended but ended up scraping most of the frosting off the rest of the cookie. It took me 3 sittings over 2 days to finish the cookie, not because of the cookie but because of the (scraped off) frosting. I wouldn't get this one again unless I could get it without the frosting but that's just me.


No comments:

Post a Comment