Sunday, April 16, 2023

Dominique Ansel Bakery, Las Vegas - Part 3 (The Perfect Little Egg Sandwich)

Dominique Ansel Bakery, Las Vegas - Part 3, The Perfect Little Egg Sandwich, visited January 7, 2023
What the heck is this, you ask? It's a cookie shot robot dispensing machine. Doesn't every bakery have one? No? Just Vegas then. At any rate, the tourists seem to enjoy it. When in motion, the robot arm plucks a ready made "shot glass" that's made of a chocolate chip cookie and the mechanized arm pours the right amount of milk into it before dispensing it to the purchaser.
I admit I haven't tried it yet, either poured by a robot or a human. I have no objection to the chocolate chip cookie shot glass but I'm just not a milk person. Plus there are always other things to try whenever I go the Dominque Ansel Bakery so I haven't gotten to this one...yet.
I did try a slice of the Galette des Rois pictured in the advertisement above. Alas, I don't have a picture of the actual slice as it was one of those rare times when I forgot to take a picture before I demolished ate it. I like trying these limited time items so my FOMO doesn't kick in before the time period of its availability ends.
In this case, one of my business school roommates was in town with her kids and we met up for brunch at the bakery (where else?). In addition to the Galette des Rois, it gave me a chance to try one of the savory items on the menu, namely the Perfect Little Egg Sandwich. In case you wondered, that name is not an exaggeration. This was probably the lightest, fluffiest egg sandwich I've ever had. It was served in a brioche bun which was also delicious, light and soft. It was sooo good. I wish I'd taken more pictures of it but pictures don't do it justice and I was too busy eating and enjoying it to take out my phone. My friend and I were also yakking it up so that made me forget my normal picture taking as well. At least until it came time to take a selfie. Her kids probably thought we were weird but they're teenagers and would've probably thought that anyway, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment