Sunday, April 30, 2023

Crumbl Cookies review #35 - Texas Sheet Cake (new) and Lemon Poppyseed (revisited)

Crumbl Cookies review #34 - Texas Sheet Cake (new) and Lemon Poppyseed (revisited), March 23, 2023
I only got two cookies when these came out. I've never jumped on the bandwagon of sprinkling salt on my cookies and I'd already tried the sea salt toffee before anyway and didn't need to get it again. I don't like Monster Cookies (not a peanut butter fan) or raspberry or cheesecake so no go on the Raspberry Cheesecake cookie. 
I did want to try the Texas Sheet Cake cookie though as it's supposedly new on the Crumbl roster plus I like Texas sheet cakes in general. The cookie was good warm, a bit cakey, but it is a Texas Sheet CAKE cookie after all. Thankfully it wasn't as overwhelmingly richly chocolatey like most of Crumbl's chocolate cookies are so I enjoyed it. I think I prefer the real Texas sheet cake though instead of the cookie version so this goes in the category of glad I tried it, don't need to get again.
Now, let's talk about the Lemon Poppyseed. Last year, I was getting pretty disillusioned with Crumbl Cookies. The ones in Las Vegas just weren't as consistently good as the one in Sparks, NV that I used to go to. But I happened to be back in the Sparks area the week these came out so I *had* to stop by for a cookie run. Although I'd given up on Crumbl's stuffed cookies (mine never had any discernible stuffing in them), I decided to give the lemon poppyseed another chance because I've had more consistently good cookies from the Sparks store than at any other Crumbl location.
I'm glad I gave the Lemon Poppyseed another chance as the Sparks store delivered this cookie as it was supposed to be - with actual lemon curd inside the cookie that you could see and taste. This was delicious. Texture of the cookie was spot on and the lemon curd filling was just right, not too sweet or too tart and I didn't get any flimsy excuses about the filling baking into the cookie or, as I suspect what I happened in Vegas, the filling being forgotten completely. 
You can see from the comparison pictures below what I'm talking about. The top picture was from last year from one of the Crumbls in Las Vegas. See the lemon curd filling? Yeah, me neither. The bottom picture is the Lemon Poppyseed from the Sparks Crumbl that actually had filling. Well done, Sparks, well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment